WHAT IS MENTORING?
This program has been inspired by IDEM PER IDEM’s experience working with men and women executives to develop their leadership abilities. We have observed the following:
- Women have trouble figuring out how to position themselves strategically.
- They are not always comfortable in the relationship between their femininity and their professional rank.
- Businesses have trouble retaining high potential women that have reached a relatively high level in the organization. This translates as significant losses of skill and brainpower.
- Managers sometimes have trouble dealing with “over-reactive” women.
- It is sometimes difficult to foster effective cooperation in mixed-gender teams lead by women.
These difficulties reveal gaps in women’s leadership skills, and they are related to a lack of clear references for women’s leadership. As a result, levels of self-governance, self-confidence, and self-positioning are generally lower for women than for men.
AXES OF INTERVENTION
Mentor training teaches participants to effectively oversee women’s leadership development in keeping with their organization’s KPI criteria.